- Do you love dogs?
- Do you live in the Minneapolis/St Paul, MN area?
- Would you like to be a puppy-raiser/foster for a future service dog?
Pawsitivity Service Dogs, a St. Paul, MN 501(c)(3) charity who rescues dogs and trains them as service dogs, needs a volunteer foster to give Tammy a loving home for a while (she pictured to the right!)
Who is Tammy? Tammy is a sweet little nine-month-old purebred fox-hound puppy who acts like a calm adult. She is potty-trained and crate-trained and she needs to live with a family to give her some time to grow up to be a full adult before she enters our service-dog training program. A volunteer needs to:
- Give Tammy lots of love and attention in their home.
- Following any special instructions such as not allowing the dog to jump up on furniture or not allowing her people-food.
- Returning her to Pawsitivity when her foster time is up so she can be trained as a service dog for a family!! :-)
It is important to remember that any dog coming into your home will need to learn the routine and rules of your family to feel safe and comfortable. The dog will crave the structure and routine that only you can provide. With your loving assistance, your dog-foster will eventually help rescue a person with a disability, working as a service dog!
Sign up here and we'll contact you with details!