- Do you love dogs?
- Do you live in the Minneapolis/St Paul, MN area?
- Would you like to be a puppy-raiser/foster for a future service dog?
Pawsitivity Service Dogs, a St. Paul, MN 501(c)(3) charity who rescues dogs and trains them as service dogs, needs volunteers foster to give a dog a loving home for a while.
A volunteer needs to:
- Give a dog lots of love and attention in their home.
- Following any special instructions such as not allowing the dog to jump up on furniture or not allowing her people-food.
- Return the dog to Pawsitivity when the fostering time is up so the dog can be trained as a service dog for a family. (No “foster failures”, sorry...)
It is important to remember that any dog coming into your home will need to learn the routine and rules of your family to feel safe and comfortable. The dog will crave the structure and routine that only you can provide. With your loving assistance, your dog-foster will eventually help rescue a person with a disability, working as a service dog!
Sign up here and we'll contact you with details!