You can raise a future service dog and change a life. Be the special person who raises a Pawsitivity dog for 12-18 months, properly socializes him and give him lots of love, and does all this while knowing that the dog will later be specially trained for a veteran or a family in need.
Are you ready? Requirements:
- You must live in the Minneapolis/St Paul, MN metro area.
- Someone in the home must be at home during the day.
- You must have no pets.
Also, you must:
- Be 18 years of age (or have parents fill out this form). In other words, if you are a student or living with your parents, please have your parents fill out this form.
- Work closely with Pawsitivity and send in monthly reports.
- Be willing to return the dog upon request.
- Fill out an application (which we will email to you).
The dog who needs fostering is a 9-month-old English Golden Retriever, and he is available to foster starting in June. We provide dog dishes, kennel, and any other items needed, plus we pay for dog food, medications, and any veterinarian visits that are needed. You would not need to train him, but rather, just give him lots of love and attention.
If you are interested in volunteering to be such a hero, please fill out this form. Some checkboxes on this initial online pre-application refer to non-obligatory qualifications such as having a fence in your yard, but while these elements can be helpful in raising a dog, they are not mandatory.