Do you have a dog available now?
- Yes. We are currently evaluating two dogs for Pawsitivity, and we will begin their training soon.
- If you are interested in having Pawsitivity train a service dog for your needs, please fill out our application form.
- Note that filling out this form does NOT guarantee that you will receive a dog (sorry), as the goal is to find the best fit.
Do I have to fund-raise to qualify for a Service Dog from Pawsitivity?
- Short answer: Yes, about half.
- Long answer:
- The amount spent on rescuing, socializing, training, and placing, and providing a decade of support for a service dog through our organization is approximately $33,000--this amount is approximately the same for ALL service dog organizations. Even organizations that "give" the dogs away for free are spending this amount (they just are doing all the fundraising themselves, so you don't have to).
- We do receive some public donations, grants, and private contributions. However, Pawsitivity families are asked to engage in fundraising activities as volunteers for Pawsitivity to qualify for a free service dog. Families are asked to raise half the cost ($16,500), and we will raise the other half.
- If you do not have the resources, i.e. savings, to ensure that you can raise half ($16,500), we totally understand, and in that case, we highly recommend another organization which is ten times as large as us: Canine Companions for Independence--their area code is 740 and their phone number is 833-3700. Note that while CCI does all the fundraising, that means that their waiting list is many years long.