- Playpen, crate, bed
- Water bowl (no food bowl…all kibble should be fed by putting into the Kongs)
- 2 Kongs
- Puppy pads (for when you are away from home)
- Metal leash (chew- proof) and carabiner
- Slip-collar (the dog doesn’t wear a collar for fear of choking, but you can use the slip collar when bringing the dog out to potty.)
- Freeze-dried liver treats (3 per potty)
- Puppy kibble
When you get your puppy, introduce her to the crate:
- Stuff two Kongs with puppy kibble (with a liver treat stuffed in the small hole)
- Let your puppy sniff the Kongs
- Place the Kongs in the crate
- Shut the door with the puppy on the outside
- Your puppy will beg you to open the door and let him inside.
- Let her into the crate, and your puppy will be preoccupied with the Kongs
- Whenever the puppy is in the crate (in the daytime), she should have a kibble-filled Kong to chew.
- Whenever the puppy is in the playpen, she should have the kibble-filled Kong tied to the inside of the crate (so if she wants to chew it, he has to be in the crate).
Do you like this post?