If you are a disabled veteran in Minnesota, have a dog with a CGC certificate*, and wish to train your dog to be a service dog to help you with your disability, consider applying for our new pilot program for us to work with you extensively to train your own service dog.
* CGC stands for Canine Good Citizen certificate.
- Classes to get a CGC certificate are held at the Humane Society
- It usually takes 12-18 months of those classes at the Humane Society before the dog can test to get their CGC at the Humane Society.
- Once you have your CGC, we would love for you to apply for our pilot program.
An applicant must:
- Be a U.S. military veteran.
- Have a dog with a current CGC (Canine Good Citizen) certificate.
- Live in Minneapolis, Saint Paul, or a suburb of Minneapolis or Saint Paul.
- Work or go to school less than 20 hours a week. Note: Many people with disabilities work or go to school full-time, but for this pilot study, we're only working with people who don't work or go to school full-time.
- Agree to work closely with Pawsitivity and send in daily reports.
If you meet all these requirements, please apply using the form below.