If you are disabled, have a dog with a CGC certificate*, and wish to train your dog to be a service dog to help you with your disability, consider applying for our new pilot program. In you are accepted into this program, we will work with you extensively to train your own service dog.
*CGC stands for Canine Good Citizen certificate. Classes to get a CGC certificate are held at the Humane Society.
The person with a disability must be at least 21 years old and:
- Have a dog with a current CGC (Canine Good Citizen) certificate.
- Live in Minneapolis, Saint Paul, or a suburb of Minneapolis or Saint Paul.
- Work or go to school less than 20 hours a week. Note: Many people with disabilities work or go to school full-time, but for this pilot study, we're only working with people who don't work or go to school full-time.
- Agree not to take the dog to dog parks or let the dog play with other dogs because these environments are not controlled.
- Agree to work closely with Pawsitivity and send in daily reports.
If you meet all these requirements, please apply!